Sunday, October 18, 2009

Yesterday was the last outside show of the year. Alas, Mother Nature decided that perhaps we should rethink the plan. It had been raining and cold for several days. Cold meaning high 30's.
With some nice wind as a bonus. Not good for an outdoor craft event. Or any event for that matter. We went to the site at about six am, in the rain and wind. The director was there, and she basically said, "It's up to you, but it's not going to be a good day for a show. We are promoting it as 'rain or shine', but it's your call. No refunds." Fine with me, I counted my boof fee as a donation, and we went home.

Later we went to a bead show, and bought a few things, nothing major, came home and napped the day away. Had grilled cheese & tomato soup for dinner while the wind blew and the rains rained.

Today the rain has stopped, but it's pretty chilly. Nice day to stay inside and clean, and catch up on all the things I don't do enough. There's a nice beef stew in the crockpot for the second football game later.

I sent Obbie to the store for 'good' bagels. Shall we take bets that the bagels will be out of a plastic bag and not the store bakery? Hey, I'm just sayin.....

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com