Sunday, July 12, 2009

We had two shows this weekend. Yesterday, was a full blown arts & crafts show during the Summer festival Obbie is a state worker, his paycheck is limbo, since the asshats haven't passed a budget yet. He needed to work as many hours as he could, so he helped me set up in the AM, then split to the car show to work that gig. I had a good day by myself, with plenty of customers, and LOTS of folks stopping by to chat and admire my stuff. Holy Cow! I sold the chain maille watch!! Geez Louise, I thought I'd never sell that thing!

Thunderstorms started blowing up around 2:00, with dire warnings and dark clouds. Obbie came over about 3:00 to help me tear down, and as soon as I got the car in position to load, it started to rain. We were both exhausted after all these, but went for dinner and a couple drinks anyway. I got home, and went to bed at 6:30.

This morning I was up at 4:30, and putzed around til 8:00, when we left to set up at small car show, which was thought to be a good idea, but really wasn't. Obbie helped set up, then was off to the big car show for a couple hours. I only spent $10 on the space, which was made back easily. There were lots of nice cars to see, and some good food. But sales were slow, and the wind kept blowing over the necklace boards. We left at 2:30, and came back here and relaxed.

As of right now, there are no shows on my schedule until September! SEPTEMBER?!!! Whatever am I going to do with my time? (clean the house, weed the garden, cut the grass, make more jewelry, go to the beach...there's a long list) After I get back from the Mom trip to the beach, it's going to be full tilt boogie for two and a half months. So I better enjoy it while I have it.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge!

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by