Sunday, May 17, 2009

We're back from the wine festival.

What a blast! Even though the US Weather Service was predicting all kinds of nasty weather, we lucked out with only scattered showers through out the day. The big bad storm, with lightning, thunder, high winds and torrential rains waited until after we were packed up and back at the hotel.

What a great day! People were drinking wine, dancing to the band, visting with friends, making new friends, and BUYING. Good gravy were they BUYING.

I started the day with seven large necklaces, and now there are two. TWO. Same with earrings, I started with thirty or so, there's a dozen left. I had six bird nests made, and now there are three, ditto on the chain maille anklets (with bells, dear Lord put bells on something, they'll sell)

And the next show is in two weeks. I guess I better get working, eh?

HOLY COW!! I BETTER GET WORKING!!

We stayed in the new Holiday Inn at Front Royal, VA. I highly recommend it. The rooms are great, and the staff is wonderful. There's a Houlihan's restaurant attached to the hotel. You know how I am about chain restaurants, but let me tell you, this one is GREAT. I recommend the 'three's company' dessert option, where you get three 'small' (ha!) desserts on one long tray.

I'm in love with Creme Brulee. I shall be Mrs. Creme Brulee. Oh. My. God.

Friday night, we went into Front Royal, and had dinner at a new place in town. The Lucky Star Lounge. Great beer list, very nice food, and live music every night. Check out their website, it's quite fun. If you're ever in Front Royal, I suggest the Lucky Star for dinner and drinks. Four Stars for the Lucky Star.

With that, I'm out of here. I think I'm going to be bed soon.

HOLY COW I BETTER GET WORKING!!

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com