Sunday, January 25, 2009

This has been an odd weekend.

Which ends an odd week.

Since Wednesday, Pete the Cat has not been 'right'. He's been hiding, looking ill, sleeping more than usual, and just generally giving me all indications that he's about ready to take a trip to the Rainbow Bridge. I've resigned myself to the fact that he'll be going to the vet for The Shot very soon. After laying in the cat tower all day, he met me in the kitchen tonight, with his tail held high, chirping and asking for treats.

WTF cat?!! He's still going to the vet this week, but I imagine he'll be coming home with me. I don't know what to make of all this.

Yesterday we walked around two local antique malls. I spent three whole bucks on some neat stamps (postage) to use in my newest projects. There wasn't a lot of cool stuff to be had, even if we had the money. After that, we came home and just vegged. Obbie has the whole weekend off, which is still a relative oddity. At least for now.

Today I did three loads of laundry (all my clothes from last week, plus the comforter cover, towels and sheets) Baked cookies for a friend. (I promised him Christmas cookies, and never followed through, so I felt bad) and made meatloaf muffins and roasted veggies for dinner. The meatloaf muffins are really yummy, and are great for lunches during the week. Plus I managed a nap.

Alas, I did nothing jewelry related, except move some applications around on my desk. I'll have to start working on stuff this week, to avoid the inevitable panic attacks that precede craft shows. There are also a couple special projects that look good on paper that I need to make real, to enter in two contests. More on those later.

Aside from Pete the Cat's drama, I guess it hasn't been that odd of a weekend.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com