Monday, October 20, 2008

Is it?

Monday already? Yikes.

Yesterday we went for a drive. Out West a way. To Somerset, PA, just because. We decided to take Route 30 back. Just because.

Along the way, we stopped at the Flight 97 Memorial in Shenksville, PA. There's a gut wrencher for you. An amazing story, yet so terribly sad. I'll add that to my list of things I saw, was glad I saw, but won't go again. All the memorials left by people were touching, as well as the three ring binders with the transcripts from the flight data recorder. The local folks take turns being the guides of this memorial, and they tell the story of Flight 97. My black, cold heart was breaking into a million pieces when we left.

After a very short, very silent ride, we saw the big wind turbines that are on the one mountain out there. Obbie knows that I'm totally nuts for the damn things, so he drove us up to within a couple feet of them. There was security there, which prevented me from going up and standing beside one. They are just so cool. So breathtaking, so graceful, so utterly AMAZING. Yes, they make noise, but not much.
I'm sure there are lots of opinions on them, (Go to You tube and check out all the turbine videos, the one crashing is particularly impressive) It's just my opinion, but I think they are part of our future freedom from foreign oil.

After my waxing all poetic over the wind turbines, we headed home. Largely uneventfully. It was good to be out and about and not HAVE to do anything, and it was good to come home. As it always is.

I made a big pot of Buffalo Chicken Chili tonight. Maybe if you're good, I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

Labels:

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com