Friday, September 19, 2008

And HEEERE WE GO

Tomorrow starts the 2nd annual '6 Craft Shows in 6 Weeks Blitz'.

Yeah, nothing like adding a little more manic into the mix, eh? Sometimes I wonder if I don't thrive on it. Crisis Motivated is the term I like. There are a lot of things that should be done before tomorrow's show, but I'm not sweating it. The big show is on the 27th. I got a call from the local newspaper tonight, and gave them a nice ten minute interview with a historical overview of chain maille, and what kind of things I do. That should be interesting when it makes it to print. I'm working on a couple things right now, and with any luck, they'll be done by next week. The car is packed for tomorrow, and I've got about as much stuff as I think I'll need.

Sometime in that six week time frame, I'll also be adding some online coursework into the fray. I've decided that I've got to improve my education, at least a little bit.

So by 'a little bit' I mean, seriously, a little bit. One online course towards being a certified gemologist. There are several courses in the series, but one at a time should suit me just fine. It's a better way to spend time online than watching cat videos on YouTube, and watching the political arguments on the forums.

It's my semi-secret project, nobody close knows about it, for now. And since most of the blog hits here are hit and runs, nobody still is going to know. Heh.

And with that, I'm off to make ear wires with the beloved torch and sterling wire. It's fun. I recommend melting and hammering metal to anyone who has hidden stresses.
(Or not so hidden stresses!)

Labels:

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com