Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More of the Same

No Barney. We call for him every night, and I've walked thru lots of cornfields around the house.

The one contractor admitted (On MONDAY) that indeed, the orange cat jumped out a window (and scared him) and ran off into the cornfield. I coulda punched him. Instead I cried and walked away. Hope that made him feel bad. The boss guy called the landlady later and told her about the 'incident' and she has since made a comment to me that, "They weren't supposed to be babysitting your cats." Which kind of pissed me off. I didn't ask anyone to babysit my cats. All I wanted was for them to be mindful that there are cats in the house. I didn't know that Barney (who is usually shy) would jump up in the window to see what was going on.

In other news, there really isn't any. Days are spent at work, nights are spent worrying about Barney. I haven't put a 'lost' ad in the paper because out here, it's just another cat, and most times, if they are not eaten by wild beasts or run over on the road, they're absorbed into the copious barn cat population, never to be seen again. I just have a feeling that he'll be back. He got hit on the road once before, so hopefully that taught him to stay away from the road. I keep thinking that he'll either come strolling out of the cornfield one day or will be sitting on my porch when I get home from work.

I talked to my neighbor and told her about MIA Barney, and since she takes care of the overflow barn cats (and others that assholes dump out here) she'll keep an eye out for Barnes. She called me at work today and said her husband saw an orange cat outside, but he went back into the cornfield. That gives me hope, but there's only about a dozen orange cats lurking.

And so it goes. Work is really irritating me lately. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's been really working my nerve. Oh well. The paycheck is always there, isn't that how the saying goes?

Labels: ,

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com