Saturday, June 28, 2008

Extreme Ranch Makeover

The Groundhog Ranch has been under construction this week. Tuesday morning, the guys showed up to start the window project.

I was under the impression they were just scraping & painting, but that's an understatement. They are actually pulling out the window frame FROM the house, removing the panes of glass, scraping and then repainting.

Wow. I had no idea.

They did the three full windows across the top of the back of the house. And removed the old spouting, and are in the process of putting in new flashing.

Impressive, to say the least. What with the ladders and tools and paint. Oh, and the 7:15 AM start time.

That's okay, they're nice guys. I'd just as soon not cause two guys to go blind because I'm waltzing around in my robe at that hour.

Then theres the porch. That guy was here today. With more ladders and tools and paint and banging. Apparently, they're not taking the roof off the porch, just rehabbing the old one, restoring the columns, and maybe someday, actually putting the porch deck back on. It's been dirt for two weeks now, with a ramp going over the dirt into the house. The groundhogs have apparently been relocated.

It's all quite exciting! My house has good bones, but has been neglected for a long, long time. The windows are drafty, the paint peeling, the porch sagging. Once all those things are fixed, the old place is going to look really nice. Then there's the problem of the antiquated wiring, and the peeling linoleum in the kitchen. But that's another story.

Wonder if I can buy it?

Big Momma would freak.

Heh.

Wonder if I can buy it?

Labels:

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com