Monday, April 14, 2008

Trying NOT to be Tourists

I hate being classified as a tourist. I know it's inevitable, but still. I associate the word tourist with a bunch of bermuda short wearing yahoos who don't want to embrace the culture and act like jackasses. I've seen too many of them in my travels. Especially around Amish country where busloads of people gawk and point at the Amish, who are no different then any other person except they drive buggies, and actually believe in their God.

Anyway, that's a rant for another day. On Saturday we went to Baltimore. No, not to the Inner Harbor. All that seems to be is a mall alongside a harbor will all the mall stores & eat places. Pizza Uno, Cheesecake Factory, etc., etc. Then talk about a bunch of idiots wandering aimlessly, while talking on their cellphones and pushing babystrollers. Yikes. We bypassed all that madness, and went directly to Lexington Market.

Which, if you don't know, is in kind of the ghetto in Baltimore.

Stay tuned.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com