Sunday, March 09, 2008

Plugging Along

Saturday was spent just messing around. Obbie & I went for pho for breakfast (mmmm...pho) and a quick trip to the farmer's market for minute steaks. (Yes, I know I can buy Steak-Umms, but frankly, they're criminal. I'll spend the extra couple bucks and get real minute steaks from the butcher) We ran into two of my friends from my past life in The Big City. It was fun to talk and catch up with them. I miss my old friends, but I don't miss my old life.

After the market run, we went to a craft show. What the hell is wrong with me that I have to go to craft shows when I'm not selling at them?! Research, babies, research. We sold at this one last year, and had an 'eh' day. It's very large, very crowded, and has a TON of crap. There were a lot of nice things too, but the promoter should start concerning herself less with getting as many vendors as she can, and more with getting QUALITY vendors. But that's just me. We talked a bunch of people, some we've met from behind the booth, and others we've met as customers.

It was a very educational experience (and not because it was held in a high school)
because I saw lots of nice jewelry, as well as lots of crap jewelry. There's a disturbing trend of selling jewelry alongside your other non-jewelry related items. I think that if you're making and selling jewelry, it should be your mission. Not an afterthought. But again, that's just me. I have to get my ass moving and make stuff. I have a couple pair of earrings and several bracelets made, but I'm not even close to my goal (yet here I sit blogging) We went down home way and had dinner with my Mom. It was a nice evening, yet she makes me sad because she's so lonely. I wish there was something more I can do for her. We're taking her on a field trip later in the Spring, but the guilt makes me want to do more.

We woke up starving this morning, so we went out for breakfast. Obbie left for work, and will be home around 5:00. I have a pot of vegetable soup going on the stove now, and later it'll be yummy, hot & filling.

Obbies going to San Francisco for 4 days this coming week, and while I'm looking forward to sleeping in the middle of the bed, I'm kind of sad he won't be around. I keep telling myself I'm going to be busy creating, and I won't miss him much, but we all know that's not entirely true. Oh we..

I must get back to the bench. There's a lot of beading and a little time before the show on Friday & Saturday. YIKES.

Carry on.

Labels: ,

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com