Friday, January 11, 2008

Sicky!!

If you've read this blog for awhile, you know I'm not a person who is prone to getting sick. (as in ill, not sick & tired) While I do tend to grumble about my employ, I do NOT take off work. Sick/Vacation days are like gold to me, and I hoard the hell out of them. Not to mention even though I'm a huge slob, who appears to be very disorganized, I do my job well, and I have a handle on 99% of the situations that befall me daily, so a day off makes me just a little crazy, because of all the details racing thru my head that I MAY miss by not being there. (Yes, not a sickly person, but probably a little nuts)

That being said, I went home sick after a half day yesterday. And today, I'm home too. I don't know where this came from. I was pretty chipper all week, but Wednesday afternoon, I started sneezing (the first sign of impending doom) and as the evening wore on, I felt more and more like crap. Yesterday morning, I felt totally like crap, but thought with proper self medication, I'd be okay.

Alas, that wasn't to be. I was a surly asshole at work (more than usual) and felt like someone had spent the night beating me with sticks. (Obbie says it wasn't him) So at 12;45, I left, and came home to sleep. And sleep. And sleep. I did make a pot of hot & sour soup, which turned out very good, properly hot AND sour, (it's easy, and way better than anything I've bought at any Chinese takeout)

I napped on the couch on and off all afternoon and evening, then went to bed and slept like a log all night. I got up feeling less like yesterday's crap, and more like just plain old crap. I'm going back to bed in a little bit, then this afternoon, if I'm feeling better, I'll go in to work to get some necessary stuff taken care of.

All this pisses me off greatly, because it disrupts my schedule. I'm trying to think where I got this cold/flu/crap, and I've narrowed it down to either the grocery trip last Saturday (and the nice lady behind me who was coughing and sneezing without covering her mouth) or the Farm Show on Sunday, where out of 15,000 people who were milling around, I'm sure SOMEONE was contagious. At any rate, I'm hating life, and ready to go back to bed and nap. Everyone take your Airborne and wash your hands! The sick are all around us, and they DON'T cover their mouths!!

Labels:

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com