Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ring out the Old, Ring In the New...

Oh boy! What a year this has been. And mostly all good. Of course, being the malcontent that I am, I always have something negative to say, but in comparision to the good, the bad isn't too terrible this time around. Let's do a little 'Year in Review'. Just because.

The BeadWhisperer - The BeadWhisperer had a pretty busy year. Thirteen craft shows. THIRTEEN! That's pretty damn amazing. And six of the thirteen were in a six week span. Granted, The BW hasn't made any money, really, but at least the beadwhoring habit is self supporting. Plans are in the works for next years shows, and I plan on doing at least as many as I did in 2007. In 2008, I'm also planning on selling more online & outside of shows, i.e. parties & trunk shows. We'll see about that, but it's a plan. There are more art shows planned, and less hokey-do craft bazaars.

Work - Okay, I know I'm not supposed to talk about work here. But I'm going to anyway. Just a little. This year I finally got the hang of my job. Sure, there are things I haven't smoothed out just yet, but for the most part I've caught on and made it my own. I truly enjoy doing what I do. I just wish it wasn't such a chore to go to the office every day and deal with bullcrap that makes the job so much harder than it needs to be. The bullcrap is totally preventable, which is what galls me. "Don't react, OVER REACT" shouldn't be the 'culture'. But anyway, as I'm so fond of saying, "Your drama isn't my drama." and 90% of the time, it isn't.

Personal Relationships - Ha. What are they? Obbie is my best friend, and I spent most of my off time with him. My other friends have gone by the wayside, all caught up in their own thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "Woe is me, poor me" or anything like that. In my opinion, I haven't been a very good friend to my friends. But sometimes, you see people doing the same stupid things over and over again, and you're left wondering why they're so astonished that the results are the same. Anyway, in 2008 I'm going to be a better friend to my friends, if they'll have me.

Also in 2008, I'm getting further out of debt, I'm losing a bunch of weight, I'm exercising daily, and I'm not using FUCK in regular conversation. I'm going to be nicer to people, I'm going to see more of my Mom, and I'm going to actually follow through when I say I'm going to do something. AND, I'll blog daily, whether anyone comments or not.

So there you have it. A small recap of last year, and some of the goals for the next year. If you go out on New Year's Eve, be careful, and look other for the other guy. We are living in the shallow end of the gene pool, it seems, and you never know what amoeba is driving that SUV while on the phone, after drinking three Jaeger Bombs.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com