Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year (So I'm Late, Sue Me)

It's not that I don't wanna blog, I just don't have much to say. New Years Eve was boring on the grand scale of New Year's events. Don't get me wrong, the party Obbie and I attended was fun, with lots of great food, and fine folks, but due to Ob's illness, he didn't drink, and neither did I. Not that drinking would have made it more fun, but you know what I mean. We were home in time to watch the ball drop, and in bed by 1:00 am.

I remember the 'old days' of New Years parties that lasted til the wee hours. The kind that didn't stop until the last drunk fell. We'd wait for the Grateful Dead's New Year's Eve broadcast from California, and partied in the new year on both coasts.

Oh well, thats the past I suppose. It IS good not to be totally hungover on the first day of the new year, but I think I miss the fun of the old parties.

New Year, new stuff. Obbie starts a new job on Monday (yay for him) Besides his new job, we're also making plans for making the jewelry business more of a business than a hobby, and being 'serious' (as serious as we can be about something) about the it. Without losing the fun. Because as we all know, if it's not fun, I'm not interested. I already have one 'real' job that has it's moments, and I'm grateful for it, but I don't think it'd be labeled FUN, so why make the jewelry thing no fun? I'd implode. Then there's the 'lose weight' thing. Thats pretty much a standard, because in my opinion, I've truly become a fat lady, and I don't much care for it. I'm doing some things now, but next week is the first full week of Operation No More Fat Pants. This week is an alleged detox. (Cookies, candy, holiday food begone.....alas, the blue cheese/brie is still here, and that goes SO well with champagne..because after all, one must have champagne to properly celebrate, right?)

And with that, I wish y'all a Happy New Year. I'm planning a good Old Grateful Dead blog in the next week or so.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com