Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm ramped up and raring to go this morning! Ready to take on this short week! Whoo!! Whoo!!

Yeah, right.

I'm glad I'm really not jumping up and down, pumping my fists. Sheesh. Too much effort at this hour.

The weekend wasn't bad. Friday night was grilled cheese and tomato soup. A favorite meal for a chilly fall evening. I also started making another chain maille bracelet. More on that later.

Saturday morning, we eased into the weekend with coffee and Spaceballs The Movie. I worked on the bracelet during the movie, I like to have something to listen to while I work. Around noon, I realized I had to bring something to the party in the afternoon. Apple pie seemed like a good choice. They're easy, and kind of cheap. So we went hustling off to the Farmers Market to score some nice Granny Smith apples, then to Giant for the pie crusts. (Pre-made pie crusts are the way to go. Inexpensive, tasty and nearly hassle free.) We wandered around a little, gathered what we needed, and then Obbie suggested we take a stroll by the turkey section to see if there was one we wanted. Well hell. Talk about Desperate Housewives! The grabbing and pushing and shoving! Some lady was taking direction on her cell phone ("This one is too small. That one is too large.") It was an ugly scene, and we bolted from the madness, making mental notes as we scurried away. (Note to self, Do NOT go to the turkey section of Giant the Saturday before Thanksgiving) To most people it'd be a no brainer. We weren't thinking. Really.

The pies (apple crumb) were thrown together in record time, and showers were taken. We headed out to the party. It was hosted by one of my Dad's friends, and is usually a pretty good time. Lots of food, booze and intoxication. We drank lots of little 10oz Coors Lights (who'da thunk they downsized beer cans?) That was like drinking water, so between the non-beers and too much rich food, we didn't even catch a buzz. We wedged ourselves into the living room between gossipy ladies and took in part of the Penn State game, and another part of the Michigan/Ohio State game and came home.

We hit our respective couches, and were sawing logs within an hour. I slept there until Midnight when I woke up and realized it was time to go sleep elsewhere and crawled off to bed, leaving Obbie on the other couch under a pile of cats and quilts.

Sunday I decided to declutter the house by listing some stuff on eBay. Bypassing the large clutter, I listed four pairs of rhinestone earrings. Selling them will make a big difference in the clutter around here. Hah.

I spent the rest of the morning working on the chain maille bracelet, and finished it around noon. I'd say it was a six hour project. (TV time: 2 CSI's, Spaceballs, and 2 hours on Sunday.) Too bad I can't get a good picture of it, maybe tomorrow.

Oh, and the Steelers gave me a freakin' heart attack. You. Are. Killing. Me. Here. Jeeezus!

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com