Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Of course, the weekend was nothing like I had envisioned it to be. However, it wasn't bad. Friday, we got pizza and a six pack and just crashed. Theres a place down the road where you can buy a six pack, but mix and match what you want in it. Trust me, in Pennsylvania this is heady stuff. We've got some majorly Quaker liquor laws here. The beer was good, and so was the pizza, and we promptly passed out after consumption.

Saturday was cruddy and chilly and rainy. For brunch, we went over to one of the Asian/Vietnamese markets that have sprung up in recent years. I think this one was the original though. It used to be a beer distributor (or case store as the rest of the world call them) and it's just a big warehouse. They converted one side into a restaurant, and the rest is a grocery store selling all kinds of Asian foodstuffs. It's always fun to wander around and gawk at the stuff for sale. I was looking for Pocky, a candy/cookie thing, but couldn't find it. Instead we got a big bowl of soup, sweet coffee and spring rolls. Yum. That meal will certainly chase away the chillies.

After that, we went to the new Asian market, and I found Pocky. Yay me. They're neat little thin cookies, like skinny pencils, dipped in chocolate. Mmmmm. I found them online first, then though, "Doh! Markets!!" so now I have a local Pocky dealer.

Flushed with success from the great Pocky score, we then went to the local Harbor Freight store. Oooh....aaaah....tools......Too fun on a yucky Saturday. I found the rock tumbler I want, but didn't want to buy it on Saturday, but there are several in stock, and I don't see any great rush for rock tumblers, so I'll go back later. They sold really cool little hand held torches, and I might get one of those too. This metal working thing is really appealing to me. If I keep it up, I'm going to have to convert one of the rooms into a studio, or at least part of the living room. Anyway, I bought a three dollar jewelers hammer, some diamond blades for my dremel and a caliper. Math whiz girl and a caliper, who'da thunkit?

We headed home, and stopped at the health food store along the way for more whole wheat pasta (the regular kind seems so yuckky anymore) and other stuff. We went next door and got a chicken, which I roasted for dinner that night.

Home finally, we hunkered down for the evening. Some dishes were done, and I started making a bracelet with brass, beads, and black wire. (It's not what I envisioned, but it's not bad, either)

Later it occured to me we were supposed to go see Organic Lisa, but I'm a schmuck, and didn't call or anything. I suck. But lazy wins out over being an ass. Sorry, man. I'll make it up to you.

Sunday was less eventful, with meal planning for the week, laundry, dishes, whole wheat mac and cheese and newspaper reading. Add a nap, some football and a little NASCAR, and you've got my weekend. No wonder I laugh when my mother snarkily refers to my lifestyle as 'Life in the Fast Lane'. Yeah, right.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com