Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Dawnzer Le Light

Yes, it IS the crack of dawn. I am drinking coffee and catching up on all the blogs I haven't read for days.

What, exactly, is the crack of dawn? Hell if I know. It is still dark. Pitch dark, might I add. The cats are fond of my early morning manuevers. Obbie, probably not so much. It was 4:46 when I was up and out of bed this morning. I fell asleep during Antiques Roadshow AGAIN last night. I get one or two antiques into the show then pass out. Whats up with that? I'd hate to have to start taping the damn thing so I can actually watch it. (Tape? What is this taping you speak of? It's supposed to be TIVO now, right? I think not. That requires a subscription and new equipment. I have the VCR and tapes. Spare me) Anyway. This is two weeks running that I fall asleep in the beginning of Antiques Roadshow. It is a source of some annoyance. I did drink a beer as soon as I got home last night, but please. One beer dosen't make me THAT relaxed. One Rolling Rock, no less. (now maybe if it was a Chimay or some beer with a little substance)

In other 'news' (hah) I'm still STILL working on this beaded piece for a friend. It's quickly becoming an epic. I bead it for an hour in the mornings, and sometimes in the evenings. I've never made anything quite like this one before. It's a netted necklace in the old Native American style. I had no clue when I said, "Oh I can make one of those...." It's not a hard stitch, just tedious.




I'm a little farther along now than I was when I scanned this picture. Just a little. This is a crummy pic, but the colors are red, gold, green, turquoise, and purple. I'm surprised at how good they all look together. I've consulted with a beader who specializes in Native American beadwork. She was kind enough to send me some pics of similar netted pieces. Oh my God. THEY are way longer, as in twenty plus beads down from the top strand. So this is just a baby in the big scheme of netting necklaces. I'll post a picture of the finished necklace, when it gets done in 2010. In other beady news, I'm researching wholesale buying of beads for my online bead store idea. Brother, if you're reading this, we need to talk websites.....

And with that, I'm off to refill the coffee cup. Oh look! The sun is coming up!


  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com