Sunday, March 19, 2006

See? That wasn't so bad, was it?

Thats the nice way of saying, "I told you so!" Yesterday didn't turn out too hideously. We did sell some things, but didn't set the craft show world on fire. I think the other jewelry lady only sold one or two items and left rather annoyed at 3:30. We had a good time, laughing and talking to people. Herve' came over and hung out with us awhile too. It's always fun when he's around. We did our part for the church lady bake sale. Imagine 20 grandmothers and 20 soccer moms all bringing in their best goodies. Aahhh..Pineapple upside down cake. Chocolate cake with thick peanut butter icing. Peanut butter cookies. Macaroons. Coffee cake. Stop the madness. Oh, and everything was a buck or under. Love those church bake sales! They were selling LOTS food too. We saw folks hauling out quarts of the chicken corn and ham and bean soup. Apparently they ran out of potato soup. I'd love to see what the final tally, food sale wise was. (I'm nosy like that)

Two of my favorite woven necklaces found good homes, as well as one of the glass bead sets I made last summer. Plus a couple onesy-twosy things. Bottom line, we had FUN. Unlike other vendors who apparently need to make hundreds of bucks at every show, I'm content with getting my stand fee back, and having fun. And both were accomplished. Next weekend may be a different story, but I'm fairly certain we won't be stuck in an alcove. I have to make some stuff this week to fill in for what got sold (YAY, my favorite!) so we can spread it all out next Saturday.

I had presence of mind to put the fixings for beef stew in the crockpot yesterday morning. So we had some lovely hot beef stew and crusty bread for dinner last night. Yummy!

In other news, it's cold here this morning. I couldn't figure out WHY it's so cold. We're out of fuel oil already. I just got 150 gallons delivered on February 28. It seems strange that we've blown thru that much oil in that short a time, especially since there were a couple very warm days and the furnace was off. I'm trekking down to the basement later to check. It just dosen't seem right.

It's just another Sunday here. If you want to stop by, feel free. I'm cleaning cat boxes, the kitchen and doing the laundry. Plus a little beading too. Just another day in paradise.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com