Monday, January 02, 2006

One Down, 364 to go

Hello to all my bloggy peeps. I'm finally back being connected, back online, back to the land of the vertical. I spent the last couple days being non-computer Amy, just because it seemed like the thing to do. Jeannette, if you're reading this, check your email and call me!!

Yesterday I didn't do a damn thing but lay on the couch. No, I lie. I had to go to the grocery store, so I took an hour out of my busy day and did that. And headed back to my couch. I did manage to watch most of the Philadelphia Mummers Day parade. Oh my goodness, y'all need to check that out. It's unlike any other parade you've ever seen.

Being vertical again is pretty cool. I'm off today, and have several things that need done around the ranch, but it's going to take all day to do them. I'm in no hurry, really. Tree needs taken down, Christmas stuff needs put away, cat boxes, vaccuming, you know, that kind of thing. My favorites.

Obbie changed the light bulbs in the kitchen, so now it's 200 eye searing watts of lighting goodness. I'm not so sure about that though. When I skulk down in the wee hours of the morning to feed the cats, that kind of light actually hurts. I might request lower wattages or something. Sheesh.

Also, Obs did ALL the dishes yesterday while I was in my annual New Years Day coma. He gets big awards for that. Those awards will come in the form of pulled pork barbeque. Since it's 'traditional' around here to have pork and saurkraut on New Years Day for luck, I bought both. The pork roast was cooked all day yesterday, but not eaten. I'm smoking it today, and will have some cole slaw to go with. Thats pork and cabbage of another form, and it'll be just fine. I'll be using the oven smoked method to give the pork it's hickory goodness. So if you stop by, and theres smoke seeping out from under the front door, not to worry. It's the good kind of smoking.

The KitchenAid has been cleaned and put back into it's box, thus signifying the end of the holiday baking season. The kitchen table has been de-junked, and today I shall scrub the butcher block top with bleach, and after it dries, hit it with a little sandpaper, then oil it. It'll make the wood nicer, and condition it. I should have done it months ago, but there was too much junk on the top.

I'm also starting to research the NEXT BIG BEAD project. This is going to be interesting, but I'll leave it at that. When I know how I'm going about it, I'll post a pic of the example.

I'm worried about my peeps out in Oklahoma. Y'all check in and let me know you've not been burned out of house and home. (Kid, Manders/Ace, War Wagon, MamaKBear, Daven....helllooo??!!!)

And that is all folks. I need more coffee and a shower.



  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com