Sunday, November 27, 2005

and so it goes

The craft show yesterday was a bust. A big fat bust. I came home with 24 dollars. It cost 50 to have a booth. The organizer had 3 booths herself. I'll bet from 9-2 less than 200 people went thru the hall. Very bad. Very bad all around for I was counting on this being a great show to end the year. Alas, it was not to be. At every show I've ever done, theres always one strange person who gravitates towards me. This show was no exception. This woman had set up in the booth behind us, talked the whole time. Obbie and I decided she must breathe thru her ears, because her mouth ran the entire day. LOUDLY. And more and more shrilly as the day progressed. Oh. My. Gawd. It was awful. She came to look at our stuff, and noticed the necklace I was wearing. (An antique piece of beadwork I've had for many years) and commented how nice it looked AGAINST MY GREAT HUGE BOOBS!! I could have died right there. She said it several times in the course of the day. Oh maan. It was the first show she'd ever done. I would expect some decorum somewhere along the line, but I guess that was too much to ask. Geez. Usually Obbie and I get chatty with other vendors in our neighborhood at a show. I tried talking with the shrill woman, but she kept interrupting, and just got louder. So I gave up. Obbie managed to get a couple sets of wine charms made, and I started a project, but it was a waste of a day. And fifty bucks. Thats what galls me the most. The fifty bucks. Oh well. Onward and upward, I suppose. Obbie thought we should soothe our souls with a good dinner. So we grilled a steak, and picked up a pound of shrimp. Dined by candlelight on steak and shrimp and a good bottle of wine. Then promptly passed out on the futon until the wee hours of the morning. There's a show next weekend, (and the following one) at a miniature horse farm in Gettysburg. They set up booths in the heated arena, and it's billed as a Country Christmas. It's another fifty bucks, but for both Saturdays instead of one. I'm thinking about it. I don't think poor Obbie is up to sitting thru another shitty craft show, but I'm of the mindset that "Maybe the next one will be better...." Hmm...it's worth thinking about. What else would we do next weekend? We'll talk about it this week, and see how it pans out.

I'm cooking another turkey today. It was a ten pounder that was taking up too much room in the freezer. So it's being sacrificed for sammichs. Obbie is pleased, because there is sweet potato casserole and stuffing left. Plus I don't eat dark meat, so he get it all. It's Thankgiving all over again here. I think I'll be done with turkey after this week. Maybe this carcass will get made into soup too. I had pretty much had it the other night, and wasn't up to dealing with the carcass of the big bird. Yeah. Turkey soup..sounds good to me.

It's my last day of sloth before heading back to work. I have a feeling this week is going to SUCK (notice the all caps) but thats life. Not like it hasn't sucked before, right? Carry on....

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com