Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Weird

Is today a holiday or something? The traffic was very light en route to work. Nobody was in line for coffee at the mini-mart, and when I got to work, nobody was there either. Weird. Even the kids I see every day, waiting for the bus were missing.

It almost felt like I was driving thru the Twilight Zone or something.

Sucked into a worm hole this early in the day. That can't be good.

On a semi-related weird note, I started the process of making beef carnitas last night. I had a big round steak, rubbed it with chili, cumin, and garlic, dumped a jar of salsa (mine, home made) over it, and baked it for 4 hours at 300. Blech. That wasn't so good. My best guess is that round steak isn't the way to go for carnitas. The whole point is to have fat that bakes real slow into the meat for added flavor. With the pork kind, the meat gets shredded with forks, then baked again, with more seasonings. I guess it's back to pork. I'm so disappointed. Oh well. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

I was starving when I left work yesterday, so I stopped at the grocery on the way home, and raided the salad bar for finger food. Little pickles, black olives, marinated mushrooms and pepperoni slices made up dinner. At least the first course.


I'll pay for that later. Belch.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com