Saturday, April 16, 2005

We Be Jamming

Perhaps not so much jamming, as spreading. The great strawberry jam project didn't quite meet my expectations. It didn't jell up like I thought it should. I used a classic no pectin recipe, which only called for berries and sugar. I don't think I boiled it long enough (Damn this attention span) nor could I get the temp past 200 degrees. HOWEVER. It looks pretty. And in my opinion,tastes good. The jars sealed fine, though, so I sent a jar home with The Patient last night for his review. We'll see. I'm going back to the flea market on Sunday to see if the Strawberry people are back. If so, I'm trying it again. With pectin. As always, stay tuned.




  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com