Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The ducks are still in my yard. If the ducks are there, that means the water is there too.

No worries, really. It's not like I have to mow those parts now. I'm actually liking living on the water. I just hope the ducks don't end up being shot like the last ones that were there. Not very cool. I'm not an anti-hunter, mind you, but there is just something unnerving about shotguns so close to the house at 7:15 on a weekday morning, and the terrible sounds of dying fowl. I'm more concerned with Ralph, the guy who farms the fields around the house. If it isn't dry soon, he's not going to be able to plant anything there for a long time. No good.

After yesterdays BRUTAL physical therapy session, I went directly home and hit the couch. JB stopped by with his home made meatballs, and all the fixings for meatball subs. God love him. They were good too, and I have enough leftover for 2 more meals. It is good to have friends that cook well, and that he does. I suppose it might make up for his extreme political leanings and abrasive demeanor.

It's supposed to get into the mid 60's low 70's today. YES! And with Daylight Savings Time being in effect, I've got that much more light when I get home. I'm waiting for the spinach and the lettuces to start popping up in the garden. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm pushing it. But dammit! I can't help it. I want things to start growing NOW! I love this time of year. I'd better get the light system set up soon for the seed starting or I'll miss the boat. Lots of different stuff this year to sprout too! Let's just hope this bad knee business won't impede my gardening. Grrrr!



Carry on!



  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com