Thursday, December 30, 2004

Deep Thoughts..Or At Least Not As Shallow As Usual

So here I sit, enjoying some nice turkey breast I cooked yesterday. (Basted with maple butter and garlic..it's swell, trust me)

It's given me a fair amount of time to read all the blogs on my list, and it occurs to me, "what did I read before blogs?" Hmm. I believe there was a lot of perusing junk on eBay. With the procurement of said junk being the end product of too much time on my hands. No good.

I also read quite a few newspapers. I'm a newspaper junkie. Anytime I go visiting out of town, I need a local paper. It's fun to read what is going on in another part of the world, what jobs are available, how much homes and land go for. So I had a bunch of local papers saved in my links.

Now I read blogs. They're in more or less alphabetical order in my favorites, and I start at the top and work my way down. I have learned that some people update their blogs in the morning, some in the afternoons, and some several times a day. Blogs that don't get updated weekly get deleted. I have a couple favorites that I save for the afternoon. Kind of like that piece of good chocolate you save for after dinner. Those blogs always have something good to say, whether it's a story about a stalker or drunken escapades.

It's kind of interesting also, that after reading blogs, many people start blogging themselves. (Go Blog Yourself!) I have several friends who have taken this up with gusto, even after saying "But I don't have anything to write about." Ha. They certainly have found stuff to write about. And write well too, I might add. But what tickles me most, being arrogant and self centered, is that people actually read my blog daily. (All four of you!) and that I have made people laugh and cry. Thats so cool. Maybe thats the true essence of blogging. You're blogging for yourself, but deep down, you're blogging because someone else will read it, like it, and keep coming back for more. Hmmmm...

Such deep thoughts over turkey and Diet Coke. It's the least I can do after all that cussing that went on last night.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com