Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Sonic Shopping

Yesterday I was shamed into cooking for Thanksgiving.

Well, maybe shamed isn't the right word. Try tempted by leftovers. There is something about leftover Thanksgiving dinner that is special.

So special, in fact, that I'm now cooking.

It's not a big deal really. Only the Momster and I. Tentatively. There's always a chance for strays to show up.

The menu:

Maple Smoked Turkey Breast
Green Beans with Almonds
Cornbread stuffing w/sausage and pecans (no fruit!)
Smashed potatoes
Something with sweet potatoes.
Gravy
Double layer pumpkin pie
Cresent rolls (yeah, from the tube, so sue me)

So there. As of 7 am this morning, I had the turkey breast thawing in the sink, and the cornbread mix. Right now, I have the rest of the entire meal in the fridge here at work, and in my car. I shopped for all of it in 15 minutes. Ha. Even taking a moment to flirt with this guy at the store.
Am I good or what? Got coffee, got gas, and still got to work with 5 minutes to spare.
Damn, I AM good.

Work is going to make me hate them today. I can tell already. Fuck 'em. I've got my Thanksgiving dinner shopping done. Except (dammit) I just remembered I need celery and pecans. Onward! Thru the fog! (And it is really foggy today too)

And if you need to travel in PA today, please take the turnpike. The tollbooth workers went on strike, and the turnpike is free today. Tomorrow it'll be two bucks for cars, and fifteen bucks for commercial vehicles. No matter how far you need to go. Too bad I have stuff to do. I'd go visiting to Pittsburgh just for the hell of it.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com