Saturday, November 20, 2004

Mmm...Saturday....

Yessiree folks, it's Saturday..Another day in paradise! Here I sit in my flannel jammies, drinking tea and eating chips while surfing around.

Hey, it's okay, 2 days without work, no phones ringing. It's cool.

But I'll tell you one thing. This business of sleeping all the time sure has taken the fun out of my afternoon naps. I do have a bucketful of chores to do today, as well as attending the services for Eagle, and trying to dodge the wake afterwards.

The truth of the matter is, those people were my Dad's friends. I didn't hang out with them unless Dad was around. Most of them sit around in the various clubs all afternoon, all weekend long. I can't stand it. Sure, I go to bars, but to while away my afternoons, sitting in the gloom and the smoke of the Legion, VFW or Elks listening to people get drunker and drunker, telling the same stories I've heard a million times, isn't my idea of big fun. The wake is being held at the Legion, so that means the people who, for whatever reason, couldn't get away from there for my Father's services, will be in attendance, and will express their condolences. And I get to do THAT all over again.

Nope. Don't wanna.

Nope. Not gonna.

My options include: cleaning the cat boxes, mopping the kitchen floor, putting away clean dishes, wiping down the stairway and running the vacuum. I also could repot some plants, and run that turkey over to the mission.

Don't mind if I do.

Have a good day, and I'll catch ya later.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com