Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Happy Morning To Ewe!

So here I am. It's not early, by my standards. Especially since I've been up since 4:15 this morning. Eee....add to my want list from yesterday, to be able to sleep past 6:00am sometime, without the cat fight to launch me out of bed. Truly I should be able to sleep thru that by now. It happens every day. But damn.

Tonight signifies the start of the great Thanksgiving clean up. I'm having my Mom, Deaf Jack, and probably a couple of unknown mystery guests over for Thanksgiving dinner this year. Again. Some of you lovely readers have expressed an interest in this year's Thanksgiving story. Hopefully it will be uneventful, but you can never tell.

I haven't cleaned the dining room table off since last Thanksgiving. It's become a repository for all things auction or eBay related. From my vantage point I see: A roll of bubble wrap, a roll of tape, 2 unsold dishes, an unsold book (both from eBay) 3 pots for plants (a gift to a faraway friend) the remnants of 4 box lots, a 50"x50" lace tablecloth (buy it now for 20 bucks), a giant pink begonia plant, and 2 plants I need to repot for work, the two mini pumpkins from the blogger boobiethon, and a jar of pens. Oh thats just a partial list, mind you.

I talked to Uncle Box Lot at the flea market a couple weeks back, and we were comparing notes on our dining room tables. He reports his dining room table hasn't been seen since 1989. So I don't feel bad. However, Uncle Box Lot bought his van two years ago, and I don't think he's seen the floor of that since he bought it. Ah, lifestyles of the junky and famous!! Someday I'll tell you the story about the lady in Port Treverton with the WAREHOUSE full of box lot stuff. Oh my. A cautionary tale if there ever was one.

Anyway, I have to start going room by room, and finding places to put this stuff. After the relocation has been achieved, the cleaning begins. Oooof. As has been said many times, "Oh the horror" Hah. It won't be so bad. If I could only concentrate on one thing and do it, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But I keep getting distracted. That was the cool thing about smoking pot, it curbed my parakeet attention span, and kept me focused on whatever I was doing. Hey, theres a thought...

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com