Friday, October 15, 2004

Something I crave once in awhile...



When I was taken to my first real Mexican restaurant, I was convinced to try this drink. Didn't know what it was, but I was informed it was very good. They were soo right. I haven't had any in a long time, and I do believe I need to make some:

Horchata (Mexican Rice Drink)

1 cup uncooked white rice
2 sticks cinnamon
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 quart water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Grind rice to a coarse meal in a blender. Mix together rice, cinnamon, almonds and water. Cover loosely and let stand overnight.
Purée the rice mixture, then strain through several layers of dampened cheesecloth. Mix in sugar and vanilla extract. Serve ice cold.
To serve, pour into tall, ice-filled glasses

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com