Saturday, September 18, 2004

Ivan came to visit me last night

Since we stayed another night in Rehoboth, yesterday was our big travel day. I'm very happy we got home when we did. Around 8:00 last night, Ivan made his way from Maryland/VA into Pennsyltucky. A couple tornados were reported, and the whole area was on a tornado watch. Mom called me, kind of freaked, saying tornados had been reported in Fort Loudon and St. Thomas. That front came skipping right up through the valley, Chambersburg, Shippensburg, Newville and points North. Came past Carlisle, but all I seemed to have gotten was a shitload of rain, and wind. At times last night, the wind sounded like waves breaking on the beach. I must have woke up 4 or 5 times last night. I was kind of afraid to see what kind of treats awaited me this morning. The front yard, by the driveway is full of water, the side yard, by the field is full of water. The backyard, well lets just say I always wanted to live on a lake. I'll take pictures here in a little bit. Rain is supposed to stop around noontime.

I'll also go for a little car ride later and check stuff out. I need to get some gas, and I was thinking of visiting this auction in Wellsville. Don't know if they'll even have it, but it's worth a checkout. Hmm. Auction under a tent, in the wind. Don't THINK so. But again, I've never heard of an auction being called on account of rain. Snow, yes, but not rain.

Stay tuned.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com