Friday, September 24, 2004

Infomercials

One of the banes of being an early riser is early AM television. At five am, out of 60 channels, 10 are news and the rest are infomercials. Yesterday I watched one about how to make millions on eBay. Only $39.95 (plus shipping and handling) for the complete set of tapes. Hell for that kind of money, you can buy a lot of box lots AND pay your eBay fees too. Oh well. Also, we have the ever popular fitness infomercials. They make me laugh. Tony Little is a raving maniac, and I wouldn't buy anything from him if my life depended on it! Theres one ad for tapes/dvds that are spiritual in nature, so you can praise the Lord and get fit at the same time. (No, it's not endorsed by that asshat Jimmy Swaggart.) The workout equipment they're hawking on these shows are kind of scary in a medival sort of way. The Ab Lounge (hello, if lounging was involved, it wouldn't be much of a workout would it?) And some weird thing where you kneel, and pull yourself back and forth with your arms.
Always demonstrated at some shopping mall in Jersey or middle America. (Not that theres anything wrong with Jersey or Middle America!)

Then the other 'programs'...Financial Freedom and proper investing seem to be the main topics here. I still can't get my head around how you can invest in real estate with no money or property to start with. I guess I'll have to buy the 'program' and find out. The little people twin guys kind of freak me out. I have no idea what they're selling, I'm too busy groping for the remote to change it.

As you were.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com