Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Dead show was a blast. I had forgotten how much fun the whole scene is. Yeah, yeah, SOME people say, "But Jerry's dead" to which I say, "Pigpen's dead, Keith's dead and Brent's dead, so what's your point?" Sure Jerry Garcia was THE man with the guitar, but being at a show is more than one guy and one guitar. It's about the thousands of people who are part of the scene. It's about the music. It's about that great feeling you get when you realize you're in the middle of something pretty cool. Obbie had never seen the Grateful Dead. He and I saw The Dead last Wednesday. He had such a great time. He was dancing and screaming right along with the rest of us 'Heads, like he'd been going to shows forever. So this "But Jerry's dead" shit no longer flies with me. Warren Haynes is one hell of a musician. He's not trying to be Jerry, or replace him in any way. He's singing. He's playing. He's having a good time. And he's sharing his abilities with us. And we thank him for it. Go Warren. You rock.

And that's it for now. I'm debating if we should go to Philly and see them on Saturday night. In the past, a Saturday night Grateful Dead show in Philadelphia has been a stellar-rock your world experience, and the boys always ripped the roof off the Spectrum. I'd like that to be the case on Saturday. Should we? Or just go to the beach. (I'm leaning towards the Dead, but what do I know, I'm a little biased, and Dead shows, Jerry or no, are like potato chips, you can't eat (or see) just one.)

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com