Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year's Eve was just fine. We went to the family friend's house, ate good food, drank a little beer, talked A LOT, and just generally had a good time.

Yesterday I didn't do a whole lot. I roasted a pork loin and added saurkraut at the end, and served it over mashed potatoes. The meal was pretty good. Too bad Penn State didn't bother to show up for the first half of their game last night. At least I don't bleed blue & white like some people around here.

I'm home again today, which is good and bad. Good because I'm home and there are all kinds of things I could do. Bad because I'm using the last vacation day until MAY. Oh well. Let's hope I don't get sick, or nobody I love gets sick or I'll be taking off days without pay. I have a job, which is more than some people can say. So there is no bitching.

I don't know what I'm going to do today. Obbie goes to the P/T job at 2:00, so I've got the whole evening for doing whatever. I might do some beading. Or some chain maille. Maybe this year I'll promise myself that I'll make a piece a week. Some people are making a piece a day, but since I favor the more intricate pieces, I'm not going to do that to myself. I think the people who do the 'one piece a day' thing don't have day jobs, and make jewelry for a living. I still don't think I want to do that yet.

Yesterday I found some cool ribbon and paper at Target in the dollar aisle. It's really neat, even though I don't know exactly WHAT I'm going to do with them yet, but they are cool. Maybe I can use them with some of the 300 microscope slides I have. (Yes, 300....) Stay tuned for that.

Obbie got two small sample bags of Starbucks coffee for Christmas. I have to say that I am NOT impressed with Starbucks coffee. For the money, I'd rather buy coffee from the nice lady at the farmer's market.

I guess every blog has their New Year's resolution list posted this week. Mine (in no particular order) are as follows:

(1) Lose weight (as always)
(2) Clean the cat boxes weekly instead of bi-weekly.
(3) Be kinder to people. Regardless of how stupid they are acting.
(4) Not worry so much about my work. Leave it there. It's not worth another trip to the ER.
(5) Care less about what people think (or say) about me.
(6) Stop saying the F-word so much.
(7) Create more, and be less constricted in my creative thinking.
(8) Don't be so afraid of change.
(9) Spend more time with my Mom.
(10) Exercise 4x a week & take better care of myself-a pot of coffee is not a substitute for sleep.
(11) Turn off the TV and listen to more music.
(12) Read more books that DON'T relate to jewelry.

I'll stop at 12. I like that number. I'm sure if I think about it, I could come up with more, but I don't like saying things I can't follow through with.

And that's it for today. Take care!

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com