Thursday, October 09, 2008

Are We There Yet?

The world is scaring me lately. Really, really scaring me.

The only good thing I can find is that gas is 2.83 today. I'm calling for more oil next week. Might as well take advantage of this crazy shit while I can. God knows it'll be the only freaking break I'm going to get. I'm not planning on opening my retirement account statements any time soon, either.

Let me get this straight.

I work like a dog.

Yet, I can't own my own home.

BUT.

My taxes are going up because a bunch of jackass bankers, mortgage pirates, and sleazy realtors talked a huge bunch of stupid, greedy assholes into buying homes that they knew were out of their price range. The stupid greedy assholes, who are not only mortgaged to the hilt, have car payments and credit card debt out their collective stupid greedy asses. They can't pay the car payments, credit card payments AND mortgages, so I get to. And the poor, jackass bankers, mortgage pirates and sleazy realtors are losing money hand over fist, so I'm also bailing out the greedy assholes, so they don't have to trade in their Hummers for Honda Civics.

Yet I can't own my own home, and apparently, unless I fall ass first into a pot of money, I won't be owning one any time soon.

Sometimes life's little ironies are just a little too much to stomach.

We have met the enemy and it is us. Weep for the middle class because we will cease to exist in a couple years.

Labels:

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com