Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gloating a little

So tonight I'm trying to drill holes in 20 gauge copper sheet, using the cordless Dremel. It was obvious that I wasn't getting very far. The bit kept skittering off and not staying set in the little helper dent for the hole. I figured I wasn't getting enough power behind the bit. I thought, "Hey, wait a second. Didn't I get TWO Dremels last Christmas?" Oh my goodness yes I did! The cordless one I was using, and another, corded PROFESSIONAL one. And I even knew where to find it! I even found the Flexshaft that goes with that particular Dremel. I have no space to set that up properly YET.

So I dug that puppy out, and proceeded to drill holes in ALL the copper discs I cut out earlier in the week. Happy, happy, joy, joy. The joy was short lived, as I dropped the Dremel, and snapped off the damn drill bit.

No matter. I got all the holes drilled, and drilled properly. AND cleaned up (you know, all that rough bitey metal around the holes)

I'm quite proud of myself. Tomorrow night I'll make wire spirals and solder them to the discs, and finish up the project.

Ha. Ha. HA! Excuse me whilst I gloat. I don't get to do that very often.

Labels:

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com