Saturday, January 14, 2006

An hour I'll never get back

For many years now, my Mother and I have had this agreement. Every Christmas I tell her NOT to buy me clothes, and every year she buys me clothes. Every year I exchange them for something I might wear.

This year is no exception. Out of the 4 items she purchased at Dress Barn for me, I only had to return one. I thought it'd be an easy task today to run up to the Dress Barn and return this lavender thing she got me.

Ha. I spent an hour trying to find something that would suit me. An hour. Hell, it dosen't take me an hour to shop a weeks worth of groceries!

Too small, too large, too butt fuckin' ugly. Too long, too wide legged. Elastic waist. Too expensive, too tacky (lots of those) and just too NOT ME.


Gawd. I didn't think it should be so hard.

Finally, one hour and a big rant to a salesperson later, I settled on another pair of black jeans (a tad too snug) and a nice white gauzy hippie shirt. Just like the 3 others I have.

That hurt. I don't wanna do that any more. Nevah.


MOM! NO MORE DRESS BARN! JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE THEIR CLOTHES DOSEN'T MEAN I DO!!!

I had to come home and nap.

Traumatic, I tell you. Just tramatic.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com