Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Dis and Dat

I'm not sure whats going on with this crazy template, but I find it greatly annoying. I removed one of the counters this morning, hoping that would change the look, but it didn't happen. Too bad my html guru is laid up with a bad back, or I'll call on his services. Nothing changed, format wise until this morning when I removed the one counter. Thats all.

Unless it's just me, and nobody else sees how clusterfucked up this blog has become. Style wise, not content wise, smart ass.

I have very little to report. I'm enjoying the freedom of driving myself to work, and the sheer joy of taking a shower as opposed to being perched on the side of the tub for a sponge bath.

Yes, Dog is still with me, and his injury is almost healed. It's almost dime-sized now, but as soon as I take the cone off him, he starts picking and licking it. I can't bear that constant slurp, slurp, slurp, so the cone is on again until the damn thing is completely healed. That sound just goes right thru me.

The tulips and daffodils are coming up in my yard. And some of the crocus are blooming. Ah, so niice. Last weekend, I didn't get to rake the stones back into the driveway. By God, thats on the agenda for the weekend though. Stone raking and pine cone picking. There must be 50 pine cones all over the side yard. Of course, there isn't much one can do with pine cones, so I have to throw them away. Once I entertained the notion that I'd dip them in paraffin and use them as fire starters when I go camping. I never did get around to it, but I guess I won't be sent to enviromental hell if I put pine cones in my burn barrel.

The ground is still mostly frozen, so I won't start trying to work the garden quite yet. Another week or two, and my knee should be willing, and so should the earth. Of course in the great rush to transplant 100 daffodils last fall, I planted them everywhere. Of course there are some in the front garden as well. I'm pondering turning that into just flowers, and building another one for the veggies I'm planting this year. Thats a lot of work, and requires multiple trips with the wheelbarrow to and from the compost bins AND multiple bags of peat moss, potting soil, and manure to make good dirt. I'm thinking the good doctor would frown on that kind of behavior so early in the recovery program.
We shall see, anyway.

Carry on!

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com