Friday, December 17, 2004

Oh for Cripes Sake...

So last night I get home. Full of candy making ideas, and another load of groceries for said candymaking.

I fix a little dinner, then start the process. First off, the candy was to be dipped in white chocolate. I hate white chocolate. As far as I'm concerned, it's a freak of nature. It's not even chocolate for Cod's sake, so therefore it shouldn't even be called chocolate. But I thought the little green and red sugar sprinkles I got would be festive with a white chocolate background.

Anyway.

I make the insides of the candy. While that is beating into a nice little dough, I melt the white chocolate in the microwave. La, la, la. Easy as pie.

Get the stuff from the microwave, and start dipping the balls of candy dough into it....they don't dip. They are resting ever so nicely on the TOP of the chocolate. Hm. Okay, I'll nuke it a little more, maybe it isn't melty enough.

Try again. Still no dippy. More like a coarse pouring chocolate. What the Fuck. So I roll the little candy dough balls around in this shit. Leaving a lovely dark chocolate trail in the white chocolate.

This went on for about a half hour, before I decided that this is annoying me way too much. I pick up the 20 candy dough balls I made, and the rest of the candy dough and put in in the fridge. I then took the whole bowl of white chocolate and dumped it into the trash. I got myself a beer, and retired to the couch.

The entire Yule baking project was in serious peril. I was on the verge of chucking every last cookie, candy, egg, coconut and sprinkles in the trash along with the white chocolate goo. But I had a beer instead. I hate to tell people they're getting treats from me, then to punk out and not. It's bad for my karma and my credibility.

I'm trying again tonight. Lets hope it will go a little better. Or I'm going to the farmers market and buying cookies from the Mennonite ladies. I don't need this aggravation. Really I don't.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com