Thursday, December 16, 2004

Brrr....

Wow! It was a balmy 18 degrees at the house this morning. I don't like winter. I don't like cold. It would be the thing I complain the most about I think. (Except for OP, I think I complain about her the most)

Anyway, last night I trekked to the art store and the maul, and actually bought some presents and was home before I got really annoyed. Thats your Christmas miracle, right there.

A couple years ago, I was in Florida the week before Christmas. Miami no less. That was very strange. The whole Nativity scene under the palm trees weirded me out. Not to mention the palm trees strung with Christmas lights. I did like the novelty of swimming in the ocean in December though. (Am I easily impressed or what?) But there was just something strange about the Christmas season and being warm. The vibe sure wasn't the same. I was happy when we got back home. Those were in the hotshot messenger days when Drunkbrook and I drove straight trucks up and down the East Coast and to the Midwest. That was fun, mostly. The bitch was that I wasn't working any other job, and was collecting unemployment. Drunkbrook would give me a couple bucks for the times that I'd drive, but it was a huge pay cut from what I was used to. That year was the best Christmas though. Several people I knew had me bake cookies for their office parties, so I made some money that way, and with my beadwork. However, I was happy when I finally rejoined the ranks of the employed. Even though I prayed this job wasn't the one who would call me...they did of course. But thats another story for another day.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com