Friday, November 12, 2004

Whooo Wheeeee!

Goody, goody...My Mother is coming to town! She's taking another refresher real estate course at the Holiday Inn this weekend. But she's not staying.

I can't quite get my head around the fact she's driving 70 miles each way, EVERY DAY. I said, "Mom, why aren't you staying?" "Oh, it costs too much money." I say, (being the good daughter) "You can stay at my house. That way you won't have to drive so far every day." Then she launches into some speech about her dogs, and how she has to take care of the office, blah, blah, blah...Okay, don't say I didn't try.

Makes me wonder if she thinks I have some deviant lifestyle with nekkid men and drug usage (not anymore..) Or perhaps since I live in filth, she's scairt. (It's not THAT bad)

At any rate, I put the welcome mat out if she wanted to use it, and she is choosing to drive every day. Whatever.

We'll have dinner together tonight. And probably at least one other night while she's up. Her classes let out at 5:00, so there will be plenty of bonding time.

Let's hope her filter is on, and her wildly inappropriate comments with regard to my father, the estate, and any other related issues are kept to a minimum. I'm just not up for that at this point. I already got one snarky email from her regarding MY attitude, I'd hate to warrant another one.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com