Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Trash Night

I am so ready to get out of here today. No, I don't have anything better to do. Tomorrow IS trash day, so that means dragging the dumpster out to the edge of the driveway, and stack the bundles of newspapers down there too. No recycling this week, I got rid of it all last time.

It galls me to pay for trash service every quarter. I bet in a 'quarter' I only put trash out maybe three times. Thats it. As a single person, I don't generate THAT much garbage to warrant me wrestling that fucking dumpster around the back of the house, down the slope, thru the grass to the edge of the driveway every single week. Ditto on the recycle stuff. When it's nice, I burn some of my trash. Yes, burn it. There is something good about making a big fire. So all the kitchen burnables go into that. Now I do bundle the newspapers, and put them out, but not every week. And used kitty litter. Thats trash also. But again, not enough in a week to get picked up. I also compost anything thats worth composting. At least in the summer. I'm environmentally concious, but I draw the line at wading hip deep in snow to the composter.

Anyway. Tonight is trash night. Yippee. Yahoo.

  • Blogroll Me!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Pennsylvania, Fiji
    My Amazon.com Wish List

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

    Powered by Blogger

    Blogwise - blog directory

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com